Neat is looking for a Technical Support Engineer whose primary responsibility will be to support our customers for Neat Hardware and Software products. The role involves operating at multiple tiers of technical support; supporting direct customer queries through tickets and real-time chat from our website, as well as escalated cases from Zoom tier 1 and 2 support. The role involves working closely with R&D in investigating issues, managing urgent/important customer escalations through effective communication, while learning about both Neat and Zoom product portfolio through hands-on QA testing. In addition, this person will play an important role in aiding and educating Neat and Zoom teams on technical issues and creating a bridge between R&D and the other customer-facing teams.
The ideal candidate will be a keen problem-solver, with a discerned ability to face complex and evolving challenges and learn new technologies every day. The person must have excellent customer communication skills and be able to take on projects and responsibilities and see through to their completion. This is a work-from-home (remote) position and the candidate will need to be physically located in the US Pacific or Mountain time zones to help support customers in those regions and in the Asia / Pacific region (when needed).
This role will be ideal for a person who is passionate about problem-solving, QA and customer support. In return, they will have a unique opportunity to work in one of the most exciting startups who are trailblazing the way Zoom is adopted into peoples homes, offices and lives.
- Knowledge of IP/video conferencing technologies and troubleshooting issues at 3rd line technical support/QA or equivalent role
- A very good understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Minimum 3 years experience in customer support in a technology-related role.
- Strong technical aptitude in understanding/analysing/reproducing challenging problems
- Highly organised, willingness to learn and ability to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Good academic background in engineering, science, mathematics or similar principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Located in the US Pacific or Mountain time-zones.
Responsibilities will include:
- 3rd line technical support for Neat products, working directly with customers, Zoom and Neat’s customer-facing teams.
- Manage urgent and high priority customer engagements and driving solutions.
- Work closely with R&D in troubleshooting and reproducing issues, analysing logs as well as QA testing.
Create and maintain product knowledge-base, tools and any systems that will help with the support role and be the first point of contact for other customer facing teams within Neat.